31 May DR. GIGI KATE’S TIP- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS SUMMER SALAD
I thought this month I would share one of my favorite, quick, easy and healthy summer recipes. This is something everyone in my house enjoys and it’s perfect for a side dinner dish, lunch or even a meal prep for the week.
AVOCADO CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD WITH WHITE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1lb cherry tomatoes (halved about 3 cups)
- 1 english cucumber (sliced into half moons)
- 1/2 medium red onion (sliced)
- 2 avacados (riped, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and avocados to a large bowl
- In a medium bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Stir gently.
I like to add in feta cheese and/or shrimp for a heartier lunch. Also wait until you are about to dig into this delicious dish to add the avocado and dressing.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!